Our class, during the next few weeks, will be learning to multiply by 2-digit whole numbers. We will also learn how to describe the reasonableness of an estimate.
The homework will provide practice with estimation and multiplication of numbers with more than 1 digit. There are seven sections in this chapter.
Important Chapter Vocabulary:
1. Compatible Numbers; Numbers that are easy to compute with mentally.
2. Associative Property of Multiplication; The property that states that when the grouping of factors is changed, the product remains the same.
3. Commutative Property of Multiplication; The property that states when the order of two factors is changed, the product remains the same.
4. Estimate; To find an answer that is close to the exact amount.
5. Partial Product; A method of multiplying in which the ones, tens, hundreds, and so on are multiplied separately and then the products are added together.
6. Product; The answer in a multiplication problem.
7. Regroup; To exchange amounts of equal value to rename a number.