Our class will relate both fractions and money to place value and will learn how to rename fractions as decimals. We will also add fractional parts of 10 and 100 and compare decimals through hundredths. There are seven sections in this chapter.
Important Chapter Vocabulary
1. Decimal; A number with one or more digits to the right of the decimal point.
2. Decimal Point; A symbol used to separate dollars from cents in a money amount and to separate the ones and the tenths place in a decimal.
3. Equivalent Decimals; Two or more decimals that name the same amount.
4. Hundredth; One of one hundred equal parts.
5. Tenth; One of ten equal parts.