Important Chapter Vocabulary
1. Mixed Number; An amount given as a whole number and a fraction.
2. Unit Fraction; A fraction that has a numerator of one.
3. Associative Property of Addition; The property that states that when the grouping of addends is changed, the sum is the same.
4. Commutative Property of Addition; The property that states that when the order of two or more addends is changed, the sum is the same.
5. Denominator; The part of the fraction below the line, which tells how many equal parts there are in the whole or in a group.
6. Fraction; A number that names part of a whole or part of a group
7. Numerator; The part of a fraction above the line, which tells how many parts are being counted.
8. Simplest Form; A fraction in which the numerator and denominator have only 1 as a common factor.