In this chapter we will be learning more about fractions. We will learn how to compare fractions, order fractions, and find equivalent fractions.
Important Chapter Vocabulary:
1. Common denominator: A common multiple of the denominators of two or more fractions.
2. Denominator: The part of the fraction below the line, which tells how many equal parts there are in the whole or in a group.
3. Equivalent fractions: Two or more fractions that name the same amount.
4. Numerator: The part of a fraction above the line, which tells how many parts are being counted.
5. Simplest Form: A fraction in which 1 is the only number that can divide evenly into the numerator and the denominator.