Important Chapter Vocabulary
1. Estimate; A number close to an exact amount.
2. Expanded Form; A way to write numbers by showing the value of each digit.
3. Period; Each group of three digits separated by commas in a multi-digit number.
4. Round; To replace a number with another number that tells about how many or how much.
5. Standard Form; A way to write numbers by using the digits 0-9 with each digit having a place value.
6. Word Form; A way to write numbers by using words.
Expanded Form; 3,000 +500+10+9
Standard Form; 3,519
Word Form; three thousand, five hundred nineteen