In the next few weeks, our math class will be learning more about fractions. We will learn how to compare fractions, order fractions, and find equivalent fractions. The homework will provide practice with fractions. There are eight sections in this chapter.
Important Chapter Vocabulary
1. Numerator; The part of a fraction above the line, which tells how many parts are being counted.
2. Denominator; The part of the fraction below the line, which tells how many equal parts there are in the whole or in a group.
3. Common Denominator; A common multiple of the denominators of two or more fractions.
5. Simplest Form; A fraction in which 1 is the only number that can divide evenly into the numerator and the denominator.
6. Benchmark; A known size or amount that helps you understand a different size or amount. (ex. 1/2)