In chapter 5, we will be working with factors, multiples, and patterns. The students will study and learn to find factors and multiples and work with number patterns. There are six sections in this chapter.
Important Chapter Vocabulary
1. Common factor; A number that is a factor of two or more numbers.
2. Common Multiple; A number that is a multiple of two or more numbers.
3. Composite Number; A number that has more than two factors.
4. Divisible; A number is divisible by another number if the quotient is a counting number and the remainder is zero.
5. Factor; A number multiplied by another number to find a product.
6. Pattern; An ordered set of numbers or objects.
7. Prime Number; A number that has exactly two factors, one and itself.
8. Term; Each number or object in a pattern.
Number Divisibility Rule
2 The number is even.
3 The sum of the digits
is divisible by 3.
5 The last digit is 0 or 5.
6 The number is even
and divisible by 3.
9 The sum of the digits
is divisible by 9.