Throughout the next few weeks, we will be studying two-dimensional figures. The students will use definitions to identify and describe characteristics of these figures. Our homework will have identifying triangles and quadrilaterals. This chapter has seven sections.
Important Chapter Vocabulary
1. Acute Triangle; A triangle with three acute angles. (less than 90 degrees)
2. Line Segment; A part of a line that includes two points, called endpoints, and the points between them.
3. Obtuse Triangle; A triangle with one obtuse angle. (larger than 90 degrees)
4. Ray; A part of a line, with one endpoint, that is straight and continues in one direction.
5. Right Triangle; A triangle with one right angle (90 degrees) and two acute angles.